Thursday, November 1, 2012

I Failed Louie's Chicken Fingers

***This post has been radically edited from its original content in light of events subsequent to its posting.***

I got a call from SignWorld in Auburn asking if I had any pictures from around Tallassee that they might be able to use in a mural for the new Louie's Chicken Fingers. I posted on here a LARGE number of pictures so they could see what I've got.

I posted a selection of older pictures I had to dig through my archives to find. Some of those older pictures weren't taken with a pro-level camera, but even so are high enough quality to print fairly large.
Then there were some more recent Tallassee area photos.

I was tweaking and uploading the pics while substitute teaching. It's a good thing we had a test that day!

The SignWorld folks liked my work, but they wanted something HUGE. We're talking 5 feet tall by 12 feet wide or so (I don't remember the exact dimensions). It was supposed to be something to fill a focal wall in the newly renovated restaurant. After going back and forth a few times, I uploaded a wall-sized collage of images for them to evaluate, which I put together before getting the exact dimensions but also told them I could redo it if this was on the right track. Since they never called back, I'm guessing it didn't suit them.

It was a fantastic opportunity, and it bugs me greatly that I couldn't capitalize on it. I'm chomping at the bit to upgrade my camera so that I can take pictures that could be blown up to fill a wall (or sold through stock photography companies). However, I can't sink more money that I don't have on the possibility of maybe potentially recouping it later. That's not good business.

Sorry Louie's, I failed you. I'll pop in sometime soon, and I can't wait to see what did fill that wall.

Anyway, here's a small version of the collage I created.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be moderated just to be sure no one is cluttering this blog with spam, links, or objectionable material. Thanks for understanding.