Monday, July 23, 2012

Mount Hebron East Baptist Church

On April 27, 2011, a little country church-house in rural central Alabama was completely destroyed in the midst of the worst "single-system tornado outbreak ever recorded." Ever since then, contractors and volunteers from both inside and outside of the church have been rebuilding a physical home for the people of Mount Hebron East Baptist Church.

On July 13 and 14, the Carpenters for Christ from Lakeview Baptist Church in Auburn, AL came out to install the trusses, roof decking, and roofing felt so that another group could come right behind to install the metal roof. When I heard that people from my old church were helping rebuild for people in my current Baptist association, I knew that I had to go offer some time and sweat to the project. It just wouldn't have been Christian not to.

If you are wondering, "What's this got to do with photography?" then accept the following pictures as an explanation.























In case you are wondering, yes, I did actually put in some labor on this project. No, not as much as some. I never made it onto the roof, which is where I've traditionally ended up. This time it was mostly step-and-fetch-it tasks though I did do a lot of cutting on day 2.

(Additional photos can be viewed on my facebook page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be moderated just to be sure no one is cluttering this blog with spam, links, or objectionable material. Thanks for understanding.