Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Maternity Portaits (AKA - Baby Bump Pics)

My wife asked me about taking on a special project for breastfeeding awareness month coming up in August. She helps to lead a support group for breastfeeding moms, and she asked if I'd consider doing some maternity portraits for the moms in the group. It sounds like a great chance to broaden my experience, so of course I'm in.

I turn to Pintrest to get some ideas. I tried Google Images to get some more ideas. Here I my findings.

Good Ideas:
1) Get strong silhouettes via back-lighting the profile of your subject.
2) Stripes accentuate the curve of the belly.
3) Tie a wide ribbon around the belly--pink for a girl, blue for a boy.
4) NEVER DO AN INTERNET SEARCH FOR MATERNITY PICTURES!!!

Apparently, many women like to get pregnant and then get naked. All I can say is, I feel dirty.

I will not be taking "that" kind of maternity portraits.

[See a sample of the results HERE!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be moderated just to be sure no one is cluttering this blog with spam, links, or objectionable material. Thanks for understanding.