Friday, September 7, 2012

Baby Bump Samples

So, like I said in a previous post, I had the opportunity to try shooting some maternity pictures a few weeks ago. The faces have been obscured, but I think you'll get the gist.

I'm glad I was able to pull this off since the power-pack for my studio lights blew when I was doing a practice run in my living room. The model lamps still work, but the flashes won't fire anymore. Therefore, I made do like any good problem solver who lacked the funds to immediately replace or repair the offending device would have.

I had a light behind the mom at almost floor level pointing at her head for hair highlights, another light shining down from above just out of the right side of the frame, and a handle-mounted flash bouncing off of a huge silver reflector directly in front of the mom. I was standing on the first step of a step ladder about four feet away.


Maternity shoot: SUCCESS!
Cost: About 4 hours
Profit: $0, but a great experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be moderated just to be sure no one is cluttering this blog with spam, links, or objectionable material. Thanks for understanding.