Friday, March 15, 2013

At PEaCe Photography Learns about the Alabama Small BusinessDevelopment Center

The Tallassee Chamber of Commerce hosted a "lunch and learn" for Chamber members to hear from the Alabama State University chapter/office/branch/whatever-is-appropriate of the Alabama Small Business Development Center. 1220 Cafe provided the food (the chicken salad sandwiches were a little mayonnaisey for me, but the BBQ was AMAZING, and they have the best cookies anywhere).

As I told my wife, it wasn't very educational, but it was very informative. The ASBDC provides a wide range of services to help small businesses get started out well, achieve growth, obtain loans, and plan for the future. The best part is that their services are free with the exception of a few long-term classes. I say "free," but I should say tax-payer funded. Which is to say, I'm already paying for it, so I might as well make use of it. If nothing else, it'd be a good idea to have a formal business plan and well thought out accounting system. They also help businesses get in the system for government contracts. Now I don't know if I'm ready for that, but it couldn't hurt to look into it. March is pretty busy for me, but I will very likely be going to see them in April.

My thanks go out to the Tallassee Chamber, 1220, and the ASBDC. I enjoyed the lunch, got some info, and met some folks. I look forward to seeing some profit from it down the line.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be moderated just to be sure no one is cluttering this blog with spam, links, or objectionable material. Thanks for understanding.